M&P represents clients in all aspects of labor relations and employment law, including collective bargaining negotiations; arbitrations; wrongful termination, equal employment opportunity, litigation, proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing; and wag/hour regulations.
We have represented both employers and employees in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave (“PDL”) Law; the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”); Kin Care Leave; California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”); Issues of exempt/non-exempt status and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; Representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”), Employment Development Department (“EDD”), and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”); Preparation of Employee Handbooks; Performing investigations of sexual harassment claims; Advising companies on Human Resource issues and how to avoid litigation; and Lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
- Discrimination abuses, including but not limited to: Age, Disability, Equal Pay/Compensation, Ethnicity, Gender, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Military Status, National Origin, Political Affiliation, Pregnancy, Race/Color, Religion, Retaliation, Sex, Sexual Orientation:
- Age: Over 40
- Disability: All conditions qualified under FEHA, including but not limited to, Bipolar Disorder, Cancer, Depression, Epilepsy, Heart Disease, Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Learning disability, Multiple Sclerosis, Physical or Mental Disability Pregnancy
- Equal Pay/Compensation: Leave of Absence for: birth, adoption of child, a serious health condition, an immediate family member who is suffering from serious illness, Military Service; Jury Duty, Voting, Witness Testimony
- Sexual: Leering or lewd gestures Offers of advancement in exchange for sexual favors (quid pro quo harassment) Physical touching Sexual advances Verbal abuse of a sexual nature
- ERISA Disputes
- Family Law Act Disputes
- Fraudulent Inducement
- Hostile Work Environment
- Independent Contractor Disputes
- Job Discrimination
- Labor Disputes
- Overtime Violations
- Pay stub Violations
- Rest/Meal Break Disputes
- Retaliation Claims
- Sexual Discrimination
- Wage Disputes: Minimum wage abuses, Wage Misclassification, Failure of Payment of Overtime Pay for all hours worked upon termination; Pay Stub violations, Reimbursement for work-related expenses disputes, Rest Breaks/Meal Breaks disputes
- Workplace Safety Disputes
- Workplace Violence and Verbal Abuse
- Work-Related Expense Reimbursement Disputes
- Wrongful Termination
Who We Are
Mozingo & Patel, A.P.C., prides itself in developing relationships of duration, serving as legal advocate, confidant, and advisor.
Mozingo & Patel distinguishes itself from other law firms by maintaining a personal, one-on-one relationship with each of its clients. The firm is committed to ensuring that each of its clients has a thorough and complete understanding of the methods employed to protect client assets while minimizing client costs. While focused on the end result, the firm utilizes its resources efficiently, maximizing results and minimizing expense.
We invite you to become a client and look forward to the opportunity of assisting you in the near future.
Let's Work Together
Contact us through our website, or by phone for your complimentary consultation at (949) 260-4777